Thursday, February 25, 2010
On a Journey
My winsome babe lies cradled in my arms
as lonesome thoughts cloud up my brooding mind
to fritter and fret out this tranquil balm!
Sometimes a troubled leaf, I drift in floods,
float common sense betwixt confines of time,
keep watch on musings drifting down these banks!
In shelter of my arms, my little one
will blossom fine as years go cruising past
and seasoned with the wisdom of the world --
may years be be fair to you when you embark
on journeys far, to lands I've never known.
But my innings might not last for all your time.
Unnoticed, I will take your leave someday!
Fear not, my child! You'll find me by your side;
or when I look on you from starlit skies
or if the rules of after-life permit,
sometimes your dreams may see my face again.
My child hears naught; I'm just a nodding head
and all persuasions fall on absent ears;
is my fair child oblivious to my fears?
I know that hours never bind with clocks.
The seconds ticking on without regard!
Is it a reason born of senseless urge,
an absurd wish to live eternally? –
For strange ways of the timepiece can amaze;
unnoticed, hours swiftly cross this phase.
but staring at my clock face slows them down
when I regard the moments consciously.
In silent whispers - time, in parting grace,
decks up my sideburns adding wisps of gray,
my babe in carefree slumber lies withdrawn.
I’d fix my gaze to slow the summers down
and forsake all this reasoning for my fate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment